Big big news !!! Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 RC1 is now Available for download !!!
What's new in Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 RC1?
Reliable and Flexible OS Deployment-now with support for System Center Configuration Manager 2012 RC2
Support for Configuration Manager 2012 RC2:
update provides support for Configuration Manager 2012 RC2 releases. MDT
2012 fully leverages the capabilities provided by Configuration Manager
2012 for OS deployment. The latest version
of MDT offers new User-Driven Installation components and extensibility
for Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012. Users now also have the
ability to migrate MDT 2012 task sequences from Configuration Manager
2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
Customize deployment questions: For System Center
Configuration Manager customers, MDT 2012 provides an improved,
extensible wizard and designer for customizing deployment questions.
Ease Lite Touch installation: The Microsoft
Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) is now integrated with Lite
Touch Installation, providing remote control and diagnostics. New
monitoring capabilities are available to check on the status
of currently running deployments. LTI now has an improved deployment
wizard user experience. Enhanced partitioning support ensures that
deployments work regardless of the current structure.
Secure Deployments: MDT 2012 offers integration with
the Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool to ensure a secure
Windows deployment from the start.
Reliability and flexibility: Existing MDT users will
find more reliability and flexibility with the many small enhancements
and bug fixes and a smooth and simple upgrade process.
Support for Windows 8: The RC1 release of MDT 2012 provides support for deploying Windows 8 Consumer Preview in a lab environment.
- Full use of the capabilities provided by System Center Configuration Manager 2012 for OS deployment.
- Improved Lite Touch user experience and functionality.
- A smooth and simple upgrade process for all existing MDT users.
For System Center Configuration Manager customers:
- Support for Configuration Manager 2012 (while still supporting Configuration Manager 2007)
- New User-Driven Installation components for Configuration Manager 2007 and Configuration Manager 2012
- Extensible wizard and designer, additional integration with
Configuration Manager to deliver a more customized OS experience,
support for more imaging scenarios, and an enhanced end-user deployment
- Ability to migrate MDT 2012 task sequences from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012
For Lite Touch Installation:
- Integration with the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) for remote control and diagnostics
- New monitoring capabilities to see the progress of currently running deployments
- Support for deploying Windows to computers using UEFI
- Ability to deploy Windows 7 so that the computer will start from a new VHD file, "Deploy to VHD"
- Improved deployment wizard user experience
For all customers:
- Integration with configuration templates from the Security
Compliance Manager Solution Accelerator, ensuring Windows is secure from
- A simple mechanism for running Windows PowerShell scripts
during a deployment, with task sequence environment and logging
- Better partitioning support, creating the recommended
partitioning structures on new computers and ensuring deployments work
regardless of the current structure
- A smooth and simple upgrade process for all existing MDT users
- Many small enhancements and bug fixes
For download Click HERE (account required)